Friend. Neighbor. Life-Long Resident.
A lifelong resident of District I, Robert has dedicated most of his life to advocating and working for our community. During his first term on city council, Robert worked on a number of projects and led initiatives to improve our quality of life, strengthen public safety, and champion smart economic development.
• Listened to the community and secured agreements with nonprofit groups to invest 50 million in private dollars to restore historic Gus Wortham Golf Course and create a world-class botanic garden in Glenbrook.
• Secured $1.5 million for community projects; improve park amenities, complete minor street and sidewalk repairs, and fund after-school programs.
• Implemented a multi-pronged plan to reduce the number of stray animals in our community.
• Created a long-term partnership with Emancipet, a nationally recognized animal welfare organization, to prevent animal overpopulation.
• Developed a plan with management districts and TxDOT to better maintain the Gulf Freeway, and worked with law enforcement to enforce no camping laws underneath overpasses.
• Identified community partners to refurbish the former Cage Elementary to provide much-needed programs for students and vocational training for residents.
District I Supports